Photograph: Werner Schmidt

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cheers, My Friends

Yesterday, two of HTBS's special correspondents met up at Auriol Kensington RC for The Boat Race and Pimm's, Hélène Rémond and Tim Koch. They are seen in the picture above toasting HTBS and yours truly, which was jolly kind of them, indeed. Tim tells me that they picked a perfect spot for the occasion: by the show case of Wally Kinnear's Olympic gold medal, tie, and cap. For everyone of you who do not know, Kinnear became Olympic Champion in the single scull at the 1912 Olympic Games in Stockholm. Of course, I wish I was there, too, but, alas, I was not. However, to still feel close to these festivities, I did have a glass of Pimm's. I have to be honest and say that it taste much better in England.

Still, CHEERS, my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment