Photograph: Werner Schmidt

Friday, March 12, 2010

1 Year Celebration!

Exactly a year ago today, I started this blog. To be perfectly honest, I did not have high hopes that it would actually take off. I was expecting to sit in my little study, called The Rowing Room by the family, to hammer away some good old stories and thoughts about the noble art of rowing and sculling that would be read by a group of very few enthusiasts. As I am particularly interested in English rowing history, my blog would cover a lot of that stuff; although, as a Swede living on the east coast of the USA, I was not sure how well it would travel over the pond. Of course, my blog would not merely be about rowing in England, there are very good stories to be told from the USA and my old home country, too. And for certain from other countries as well where rowing has set its mark as a sport.

The response from many of you has been overwhelming. Not only have I received nice and kind comments and e-mails, your feed-back has given me an idea of what you are interested in and what you are attracted to when it comes to rowing. This has kept me going. It is what I have mentioned a few times before, this blog is not about me, it is about the rich history of rowing.

Thank you for your support. I hope you will continue to send me e-mails and post comments on my blog.

With very best wishes,
Göran

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Goran. I love your blog and hope it continues for many more years.

    Best wishes,

    Sue Bushnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyeux anniversaire ! I can hear the boat sing...
    I'll be happy to follow
    this 1-year-old blog grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sue and Hélène - warmest thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete