Photograph: Werner Schmidt

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Smiling Scullers

It has been pointed out to me that some of the entries that have been posted on HTBS also have ended up on a Greek rowing blog called ROWING ΚΩΠΗΛΑΣΙΑ KOPILASIA. I do not mind sharing, and I guess that is why I am not ashamed to say that I have borrowed the two following photographs from the Greek blog.

Rowing naked makes perfectly sense if you have read Rob Hamill’s book The Naked Rower (2000) which is about the first ‘modern’ Atlantic Rowing Race in 1997, which Hamill won together with his fellow New Zealander Phil Stubbs.

While I therefore understand the smile of the sculling lady above, I really do not comprehend why the fellow in the wrecked single is smiling – you just destroyed a beautiful boat, you fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment